Winstar says there is no TCP/BGP vulnerability

Michel Py michel at arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Wed Apr 21 04:21:08 UTC 2004

> Rob Thomas wrote:
> We manage well over 150 peering sessions with MD5 passwords
> in place. This includes bogon peering, route-server peering,
> and production traffic peering.  This has grown over the past
> three years.  The total number of MD5-related outages:  zero.

I have to complain about this: MD5 peering with Team Cymru is boring. I
have has some scheduled (and announced prior-to-happening) maintenance
outages, but if one has (I do) redundant peering with them, it never
goes down and nothing interesting ever happens.

Rob, screw up the config from time to time, would you? If nothing ever
goes down, half of the readers will be out of a job soon.

Michel.