TCP vulnerability

Joe Abley jabley at isc.org
Tue Apr 20 22:02:48 UTC 2004

On 20 Apr 2004, at 17:37, Randy Bush wrote:

>> I suggest an extensive late-night BOF in San Francisco in the bar to
>> discuss the mechanics of adding MD5 keys to all your sessions in 48
>> hours. Evidence of RSI and eyesight failure will be mandatory
>
> for those who prefer to be keyboard monkeys all their lives instead
> of building tools to configure and manage networks

I considered that, but I figured it would take longer to make a tool
which could deal with the ten thousand ways that people want to
coordinate this change (*and* speak to them over the phone) than it
would to just get on and do it.

The passwords were generated, the databases were populated and the rt2
tickets were opened using a magnificent lump of awk though, if I do say
so myself.

Joe