hotmail issues

J.D. Falk jdfalk at cybernothing.org
Tue Apr 20 20:29:08 UTC 2004

On 04/20/04, Mark Jeftovic <markjr at easydns.com> wrote:

> We're having a lot of deferrals with connection timeouts for mail destined
> to hotmail.com, some of the IP's in question are accessable breifly from
> other locations before they start timing out as well.

	Known issue.  It should be resolved now, but everyone else is
	unspooling too, so the load is still high.

	In general, though, if you think your mail is being blocked by
	MSN Hotmail, the following links should help:

	http://privacy.msn.com/anti-spam/
	http://www.advertising.msn.com/adproducts/Email_TechStd.asp
	http://www.advertising.msn.com/adproducts/Email_BulkDupe.asp

	(Disclaimer: I work for Hotmail.  This is my personal account,
	from which I've been reading NANOG for some years, except for the
	occasional hiatus.  While I try to be helpful, it appears that I
	often have to remind people that I don't speak for Microsoft and
	am rarely the escalation path they're looking for.)

--
J.D. Falk                                     "be crazy dumbsaint of the mind"
<jdfalk at cybernothing.org>                               -- Jack Kerouac