The Uneducated Enduser (Re: Microsoft XP SP2 (was Re: Lazy network operators - NOT))

Adi Linden adil at adis.on.ca
Tue Apr 20 14:21:02 UTC 2004

> >Think globally.  Even though this forum has NA as its heading, we need to
> >think globally when suggesting solutions.  You'll never get any sort of
> >licensing globally nor will you EVER get end users (globally) educated
> >enough to stop doing the things that they do which allow these events to
> >continually occur.
>
> Since many gateway service providers will not prevent insufficiently
> skilled users from connecting to the internet and injuring others, the
> only remaining solution, as far as I can see, is cutting connectivity
> with those enablers.  That is the proposal I advanced in
> <http://www.camblab.com/misc/univ_std.txt>.

And once again the you're punishing the victim. Let's not forget that the
uneducated end user is tricked into doing things that are not good for
them or the rest of the internet connected world.

Unfortunately the only feasible and readily available computer solution
for the uneducated end user is a single available operating system.
Everyone is at the mercy of this product with all its flaws and downfalls.

Instead of continually blaming the uneducated end user how about providing
tools to the uneducated end user that can be used to connect to the
internet without becoming a liability. A toaster with keyboard an
monitor...

Adi