Ordering Windows Security Update CD (was Re: Microsoft XP SP2)

Alexei Roudnev alex at relcom.net
Tue Apr 20 06:21:56 UTC 2004

Hmnm, if you:
-- are in Russia or other East Europe country
- got Windows with a computer (so it is 90% pirated one)
- have not credit card

how can you order this CD (of course, pirates will help -:))?

This explains the number of infected systems (in addition to other reasons).
My friends in Moscow have 3 - 4 Windows Me and Windows 98 (those, who are
far from computer business) - no one updated. It is impossible by Internet,
and you never know, is it Microsoft (CD) or is it Hacker (CD) when you
purchase a CD (and you have not any reason to spend a time and money,
purchasing CD).

Updates are not so easy, as it seems, having 1 Mbit DSL at home, good $20K
firewall and 10 Mbit at work (or been ISP itself).