Microsoft XP SP2 (was Re: Lazy network operators - NOT)

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Tue Apr 20 03:07:45 UTC 2004

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, Dr. Jeffrey Race wrote:
: On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 06:12:16 -0400, Chris Brenton wrote:
:
: > An uneducated
: >end user is not something you can fix with a service pack.
:
: A profound point, again highlighting the fact that there
: are no technical solutions to this problem.  (Though
: technical measures to enhance traceability are a big help.)
:
: So, the logical inference is training and licensing to
: get internet access.   When I was 16 in Connecticut many
: many years ago, we had to take a driver-training course
: (given by a policeman) to get a driver's license.
:
: I see no discussion about this approach, here or elsewhere.

Think globally.  Even though this forum has NA as its heading, we need to
think globally when suggesting solutions.  You'll never get any sort of
licensing globally nor will you EVER get end users (globally) educated
enough to stop doing the things that they do which allow these events to
continually occur.

scott