why use IPv6, was: Lazy network operators

Todd Vierling tv at duh.org
Mon Apr 19 13:43:56 UTC 2004

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004, John Curran wrote:

: > And customers who do ask, are routinely turned down.
:
: Change providers.  A request for new functionality from existing
: customers may not always get the attention it deserves, but I don't
: know of a provider that doesn't sit up and pay attention when a
: customer leaves to the competition.
:
: And what does it say if you're not willing to go through the hassle
: to change providers to get IPv6 services?

When searching for colo providers, I've gone through the hassle myself, and
I've yet to find so much as a single provider whose *uplinks*[!] support
IPv6 native, much less the provider itself, in the southeastern US.

("You must live in a nice place.  Not all of us do.")

I can definitely say from experience that the low supply and adamant refusal
to adopt is squelching the demand.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv at duh.org> <tv at pobox.com>