Blocking Win95 hosts [WAS: Lazy network operators - NOT]

Matt Hess mhess at solarius.org
Mon Apr 19 05:28:32 UTC 2004

I think something like this would be best (safest?) used on collection
mx hosts.. hosts that clients would not connect with to send mail.. just
other servers delivering mail inward.. I personally can't imagine why
someone would want to use a win95/98/Me system as a mta.. so this
probably would be a rather interesting idea worth testing out. If
nothing else the collateral in the above scenario would probably be very
low.

And of course the fingerprint list they have has a quite a few systems
from aix to zaurus.