Lazy network operators - NOT

Jerry Eyers jeyers at sloancc.net
Sun Apr 18 18:01:45 UTC 2004

>Spamming is pervasive mainly due to the inattention or failure to enforce
>acceptable use policies by the service provider.

I must point out that this statement is just flat wrong.

Spamming exists because spamming works.  Why do spammers send
out millions of emails?  Because thousands of people click, look at, and
subscribe to services and products being spewed by the spammers.

If spamming didn't sell products, spamming would die off.  We must
educate the users to not do anything with spam but delete it.  As from
the sucess of infomercials on television shows, that won't happen
anytime soon.

Jerry