IDDB: Companion Domains Database to IADB (and IADB Update)

Anne P. Mitchell, Esq. amitchell at isipp.com
Sat Apr 17 16:22:40 UTC 2004

All,

We have not yet announced, but have made available, the IDDB - ISIPP
Domains Database.  This is a companion database to IDDB, and allows
queriers to do a query by domain name;  if the domain name is listed,
it will return a list of IP addresses from which the domain is properly
allowed to mail, along with the listee's IADB registration number for
cross reference.  Obviously, the resulting IP addresses can than be
plugged into an IADB query to get the IADB data about the sender's
status, opt-in policies, etc..

This is _not_ intended as a replacement for SPF, MS Caller ID for
Email, Domain Keys, etc..  Rather it is simply a companion database to
IADB, which we are offering at the request of both senders and
receivers who wanted this ability.

IADB is also growing, now offering additional information (the newest
is the data code which means "the only email which comes from this IP
address is mailing list email, and that mailing list email is entirely
confirmed (double) opt-in"), and providing such information to ISPs,
spam filters, and other queriers for more than 325million pieces of
email per month.  The full list if current information provided by an
IADB lookup is at http://www.isipp.com/iadbquery.php

Querying IDDB, as with IADB, is free (and always will be), and can be
done by filling out a short form at
http://www.isipp.com/iadb_query_sign_up.php   We hope that you will get
good use out of IDDB as well as IADB, and I want to thank those of you
already supporting it.

Anne