Lazy network operators

Paul Vixie vixie at vix.com
Wed Apr 14 04:04:58 UTC 2004

chris at eff.org (Chris Palmer) writes:

> When evaluating spam solutions, the first thing I ask is, "Does this
> empower users?" If the answer is no, it's probably the wrong solution.

right now the spammers are holding the users hostage: "if you want to be
able to read mail from people/hosts you've not been formally introduced
to, then you have to swallow our swill also."

that's somewhat the opposite of empowerment.  if a "spam solution" can
take away that crisis and the expense is that my dsl-connected end host
has to tunnel its e-mail to someplace out in <www.vix.com/personalcolo>
then that's a tradeoff i can live with.
--
Paul Vixie