Lazy network operators

Robert Blayzor rblayzor at inoc.net
Mon Apr 12 17:01:28 UTC 2004

Steven Champeon wrote:

>>[...] Having our techs/engineers go through the abuse@ box every day
>>to play hide and seek is a bit of an agonizing task that nobody really
>>wants, especially at the volume it is today.
>

> Isn't it their job?

Yes and no.  They're responsible for addressing the real problems, and
those issues are sometimes missed or lost to the shear volume of bogus
messages that surround them.  It's also managements job to try to
streamline things so that engineers are not wasting valuable amounts of
time on things like mailboxes full of spam.  If I can optimize that task
and save a few man hours a week, I will.

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC
rblayzor at inoc.net
PGP: http://www.inoc.net/~dev/
Key fingerprint = 1E02 DABE F989 BC03 3DF5  0E93 8D02 9D0B CB1A A7B0

RAM DISK is not an installation procedure!