Postmaster, hostmaster etc....

Roland Perry nanog at internetpolicyagency.com
Mon Apr 12 16:15:35 UTC 2004

In article
<9BF6F06C4BC90746ADD6806746492A33E93A8E at msmmail01.msmgmt.com>,
"McBurnett, Jim" <jmcburnett at msmgmt.com> writes
>how do some ISP's handle it?
>You host hundreds or thousands of domains. most with no webmaster etc...
>does it matter for the "small company" domain?

Most hosted domains I've met come with unlimited email addresses, so
that email to "webmaster..." will be sent through to the user, along
with all the other email.

Some allow users to filter on the local part, and pick up designated
email addresses separately. But most of those also have a bucket for all
the remaining ones. At that stage its the user's responsibility to make
sure they pick up all the emails.

--
Roland Perry