abuse standards & consumer reports

William Allen Simpson wsimpson at greendragon.com
Sun Apr 11 17:27:46 UTC 2004

Paul Vixie wrote:

> 1. there is no single and widely used abuse reporting format that can be
> automated at both the victim and responding sides.

I haven't been paying attention lately, but wasn't there an
internet-draft on that a few years back?

> 2. there is no single, compelling, honest ethical standard like "the good
> housekeeping seal of approval" in our industry.

A consumers' union for the Internet?  Didn't ISP/C have some activities
along this line, once upon a time?

Heck, whatever happened to ISP/C?  The website doesn't seem to exist!
--
William Allen Simpson