IPv6 IGP

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Fri Apr 9 21:21:43 UTC 2004

On 9-apr-04, at 20:29, Daniel Corbe wrote:

> I'm trying to decide which IGP I want to go with for our IPv6
> deployment.  Anyone have any experiences with OSPF for IPv6 in the IOS
> 12.3 mainline?  Is it stable enough?

I can't tell you anything about the stability in a production
environment, but I haven't seen any problems in test setups.

You may want to consider some form of IS-IS (integrated or
multi-topology). OSPFv3 and IPv6 support for IS-IS seem to have entered
IOS at roughly the same time, so in the absense of more specific
information, there is no reason to presume that one is more mature than
the other.

> I'm contemplating iBGP over OSPF..

Why not give Cisco the chance to screw up OSPFv3 first?  :-)