Any good Wave Boxes to do this?

Deepak Jain deepak at ai.net
Thu Apr 8 22:54:39 UTC 2004

> Have you looked at the ONS 15454 ?  You won't waste the bandwidth and
> you TDM capabilities as well.  You can use the muxponder cards to put 4
> OC-48 IR1310s into 1 OC-192 as well.   You could also use CWDM and just
> run straight GE, or do you  have to use OC-48 for transport?

Basically, we are trying to aggregate GEs onto the smallest number of
OC48s to reduce the number of CWDM waves we burn. Basically, we'd rather
  be able to put 10GEs onto 4 OC48s instead of 5.

One way to accomplish this would be to put 4 OC-48 OSMs into the 6500s,
but that hardly seems cost-effective.

Thanks,

DJ