CW Routing Registry source change to SAVVIS.

Steve Linford linford at spamhaus.org
Wed Apr 7 13:14:11 UTC 2004

At 16:56 -0400 (GMT) 6/4/04, Padliya, Deepak wrote:
>  Greetings !
>
>  On March 8th, 2004, SAVVIS Communications Corporation (NASDAQ:
>  SVVS), a leading global managed services provider, secured all
>  regulatory approvals and closed its acquisition of the assets of
>  Cable & Wireless... We expect the downtime to be...

Fingers crossed, due to the good reputation SAVVIS has with the
anti-spam community (SAVVIS has probably the best AUP in the industry
and a well-respected Abuse team), at Spamhaus we're hoping this
spells extended downtime for the large mass of spammers Cable &
Wireless and Exodus have been servicing.

Spamhaus publishes a "Top 10 World Worst Spam ISPs" monthly chart
from SBL data, and for March Exodus was 7th and C&W was 8th (I know
we should combine 'Exodus' into 'C&W' now, but I'm afraid if we did
C&W would probably beat the No1 place UUNet in volume of harbored
spammers). So here's hoping the SAVVIS team can turn C&W round in
more ways than one.

--
   Steve Linford
   The Spamhaus Project