Converting from telco Major-V, Major-H coordinates to Lat Long

Eric Germann ekgermann at cctec.com
Tue Sep 30 14:55:30 UTC 2003

I've contemplated a project to make an independent VH database and I'm
looking for input as to whether anyone would care.

We currently maintain a searchable db of NPA/NXX info at
http://www.cctec.com -> Search -> Search for info on NPA/NXX

I wrote some code to take the Rate Center Name + State info and lookup the
lat/long and then translate it into V&H coordinates.

For one-off's and approximation of inter-CO distance, it will probably work.
The premise is "close is better than nothing".  I'll also add a public
lat/long <-> V&H convertor to the mix.

For unknown CO's, we'd look for input from the community.  Thoughts from the
group?

Eric