Don't like it, order the ISPs to block it

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Tue Sep 30 00:03:49 UTC 2003

I would be happy just to see ISPs live up to their own published AUP.  The
Internet would be a MUCH nicer place if this were the case.

Why does the topic of AUP enforcement gravitate towards straw man
discussions of totalitarian governments? Yeah, I am sure the North Korean
ISP scene is no fun.  But this is North America.  If a company wines about
the fact that they dont have a business plan that allows for the
enforcement of their published rules ("oh, it just costs too much money"),
they should not BS the public that they have such rules in the first place.

If we want our industry to be self policing, and not policed by the public
sector, we better start policing ourselves.

         ---Mike