Annoying dynamic DNS updates (was Re: someone from attbi please contact me ...)

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Mon Sep 29 16:26:57 UTC 2003

The difference is that Netgear admitted responsibility and worked with
UW to cope with the issue.  Further, Netgear has funded UW in it's
cleanup efforts and generally stepped up to the plate.  As much as I don't
care for Netgear's products, they did show decent corporate responsibility
when UW was able to escalate to the appropriate management at Netgear.

Micr0$0ft, on the other hand, has consitently said "You just have to cope
with whatever we do to you, and, it's your problem."  This is a very
different corporate attitude.  In my opinion, that attitude deserves to
be severely punished.

Owen

--On Saturday, September 27, 2003 8:03 PM -0400 Jason Lewis