FW: e-bay

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Fri Sep 26 19:12:03 UTC 2003

At 03:01 PM 26/09/2003, Joe Abley wrote:

>So, here's my point (and I know I'm rambling, come on, it's a Friday):
>when every other back trace leads to Korea, it's not necessarily because
>Korea is irresponsible or incompetent; in terms of the global distribution
>of windows-based worm factories, they just account for a disproportionate
>amount of the Internet.

Yes, I should have clarified this.  I dont think the folks in Korea are any
more or less competent than their NA counter parts-- be that end user or
operator.  In my case, the open relay was an Adelphia cable user on the US
east coast somewhere.  I think from a criminal's point of view its more
desirable to locate offshore as it will be more difficult due to language,
legal and even time differentials to track down the people controlling the
victim host site.

         ---Mike