Proposed changes to the AUP.

Damian Gerow damian at sentex.net
Thu Sep 25 21:43:38 UTC 2003

Thus spake Leo Bicknell (bicknell at ufp.org) [25/09/03 17:19]:
> Well, I've received 9 private responses to the e-mail.  7 indicate
> support for my proposal, 2 were neutral comments.
>
> I post this because 2 of the 7 offered in their message that they
> were unwilling to support my proposal on the list because they felt
> it might get them thrown off the list.  That is an interesting
> chilling effect I had not expected.
>
> Please, if you think it's a good idea and aren't afraid to post
> step up and voice your support to help those unwilling to do so.

I'll voice a public support.  And yes, I also received notice from Susan
about my Freenet posting.

What had me most confused was that I was contacted personally.  I'm sure
everyone else in the thread was /also/ contacted personally, but that meant
that the thread continued on.  It would be nice to have a public notice that
the thread has wandered (or started) off-topic, and to continue conversation
elsewhere.