williams spamhaus blacklist

netadm netadm at infolink.com
Thu Sep 25 15:58:16 UTC 2003

>> Ehm, that was because you, infolink.com WERE the spam outfit, of
>> course we block your 'entire network', it was an entire network of
>> spammers with no real customers. You can pretend Infolink is an
>> 'EyeEshPee' all you like Mr Leary but what we see is this, from your
>> ROKSO record:

This is exactly the problem with certain e-mail block lists (i.e.
www.spamhaus.org). A few zealots who control this particular block list
have made a decision based on inaccurate information.

Mr. Linford has listed (in his block list) 48 /24s allocated to Infolink
(yes we are a real ISP with real customers) for 2 customers we are
working to terminate.

In addition, as previously mentioned, Mr. Linford refuses to remove
listings once we notify him of the termination.

Given the above, it is imprudent for any network operator (North
American or Other) to use Mr. Linford's SBL to restrict the delivery of
e-mail.

Dynamic block lists such as Spamcop will be much more effective at
blocking spam, while allowing normal e-mail to flow as it should.

Jon Ham/Infolink Network Administration
Toll Free (USA) +1 877 293 2095 ext. 1422
Tel. +1 305 324 1616 ext. 1422
www.infolink.com