Any way to P-T-P Distribute the RBL lists?

william at elan.net william at elan.net
Wed Sep 24 23:44:58 UTC 2003

Send RBL lists & updates by email :)

I'm mostly serious - rbl lists can be easily incorporated as special filter
for email or it can run internal rbl (rbldns is very small code), emails
sent with specific characteristics can be filtered to trigger the update
(all such emails would need to be signed and signature can be verified by
recepient mail server to be one on its allowed rbl list). Any attempts to
DoS origin of such email updates would be useless as origin can be changes
very easily and the updates do not depend on working dns. Blacklist's
websites would still be subject to DoS attacks, but that is separate
issue and would not stop with blacklist actual use.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks
william at elan.net