williams spamhaus blacklist

Justin Shore listuser at numbnuts.net
Wed Sep 24 23:59:30 UTC 2003

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 alex at pilosoft.com wrote:

> Customers who use blacklists compiled by vengeance-oriented folk deserve
> what they get: No email.
>
> Suggested solutions:
> a) whitelist williams
> b) stop using SBLs similar to spamhaus.
>
> It is a question of trust: Do you trust spamhaus to block 'evil' spammers?
>
> Do you trust them after they blocked important mails to your clients that
> could -not- -possibly- have been spam?
>
> Make your own conclusions.
>
> -alex

Providers that sleep the dogs deserve exactly what they get: No email.

Suggested solutions:
a) find a ethical provider that responses to abuse complaints
b) I can't think of anything better than a.

It is a question of trust: Do you trust Williams to be ethical to their
Internet peers and respond to abuse issues?

Do you trust them after they -repeatedly- -ignore- abuse complaints
regarding your clients receiving spam from a spamhaus on their network?

Make your own conclusions.

-justin