Another DNS blacklist is taken down

Christopher Bird seabird at msn.com
Wed Sep 24 20:23:22 UTC 2003

I realize that this is seriously off the wall.

There is a pretty secure P2P system (Groove) that was developed by Ray
Ozzie. Focus is on security on the wire, on the box, everywhere with
serious authentication - Diffie-Hellman exchanges and all the right
security toys. Admittedly when I run it at home the lights in the
neighborhood dim.

I am wondering, though if there might be a way to use its kind of
services for some behind the scenes secure discovery - removing the
hackability of most of the P2P systems.

No I don't know how it scales, what it's throughput and licensing
limitations are..

I just heard P2P and immediately went outside the box.

Chris

My vcard is attached.