monkeys.dom UPL being DDOSed to death

Raymond Dijkxhoorn raymond at prolocation.net
Tue Sep 23 19:38:56 UTC 2003

Hi!

After Osirusoft was shut down most likely Infinite-Monkeys are doing down
also ??

See:

[Mimedefang] monkeys.dom UPL being DDOSed to death
Jon R. Kibler mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com
Tue Sep 23 14:15:01 2003

Greetings to all:

I have some really sad news. I just got off the telephone with Ron
Guilmette who runs the monkeys.com Unsecured Proxies List DNSBL. I hate to
say it, but monkeys.com has been killed. It has been DDOSed to death.

Ron says that every aspect of his network is undergoing a massive DDOS
attack from thousands of IPs -- apparently many/all spoofed. He has tried
to get law enforcement to investigate, but to no avail. He indicated that
this is probably the end of his service.

This makes two DNSBLs that have been DDOSed to death recently. Which one
is next? NJABL? ORDB?

The computer security industry really needs to figure out how to get law
enforcement to take these attacks seriously. It would only take a few good
prosecutions to put an end to these types of attacks. Any
thoughts/suggestions?

This is really a dark day for those of us fighting spam. I looks like the
spammers have won a BIG battle. The only question now is who will be the
causality in this war?

Jon R. Kibler
A.S.E.T., Inc.
Charleston, SC  USA