Verisign Responds

Dan Hollis goemon at anime.net
Tue Sep 23 18:28:40 UTC 2003

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 bmanning at karoshi.com wrote:
> > > 	That would be making a fundamental change to the DNS
> > > 	to make wildcards illegal anywhere. Is that what you
> > > 	want?
> > no it wouldnt. it would ust make wildcards illegal in top level domains,
> > not subdomains.
> 	really? and how would that work? (read be enforced...)

Well yes thats part of the problem. It looks like verisign doesnt care
what anyone (ICANN, IAB, operators) thinks. But if we can mandate via RFC
it for dns software (servers, resolvers) etc. Then we go a ways to
removing verisign from the equation. Verisign can do what they like,
everyone will just ignore their hijacking.

-Dan
--
[-] Omae no subete no kichi wa ore no mono da. [-]