bind patches++ (Re: Wildcards)

Paul Vixie paul at vix.com
Tue Sep 23 17:25:23 UTC 2003

> 	Hello Paul , All ,  Is there a url listing the TLD's that
> 	officially use wild cards in their deployment ?

nope.  right now you just have to know.  we're trying to keep a list of
places that either use wildcards and have been accepted by the community,
or don't use wildcards but run bind8 or other old broken software that
incorrectly sends answers rather than referrals when queried for data held
as subzone glue...

> > see www.isc.org/products/BIND/delegation-only.html for details.

...and that's where you'll find it.

it's very possible that declaring a small number of zones delegation-only
will be less work and less intrusive than trying to find/list the exceptions.