Cheap temperature sensors

Robert Boyle robert at tellurian.com
Tue Sep 23 12:38:16 UTC 2003

At 06:29 AM 9/23/2003, you wrote:
>I hate to point this out but this sounds spammy as hell, and while I've
>been on this list a very short time, very very big alarm bells went off
>when I read it.

I have no financial interest in the company and I was just letting the list
know about a cheap solution that works really, really well for a tremendous
price. That's an elusive thing to find and I managed to locate something
that many of us need.

>If you aren't a spammer, compare your review with what spammers write,
>noting key phrases "I bought one and WOW!" rings IMMEDIATE spam bells,
>further you went from buying one (note above) to "I  purchased 10
>individual temperature sensors and two temp/humidity sensors," for a total
>of 12.

All comparable solutions were $2000-3000 for the same number of sensors. I
was half expecting to loose $445 to a scam company in Slovakia. I was very
pleasantly surprised and I wanted to share my positive experience. I was
excited because of the ease of setup and the dirt cheap price. If you don't
need them. Ignore the post. If you do, or if someone searching the archives
does, they will find my post useful.  It is a lot more on topic than a lot
of the nanog noise.

>So I figure I'm going to call Tellurian tomorrow, and confirm you exist,
>hoping you'll forgive me for my lack of faith.

Look at the archives. I've been a nanog poster for years and an ISP for
even longer. Tellurian has been providing Internet access since 1995. I am
_clearly_ not a spammer!

>Relatedly, don't capitalize words for emphasis,

It's a stylistic choice. I don't believe in html posting. In plain text, I
have caps and _underlines_. That's it.

>  I note a previous post that stated that people will be able to search
> these lists when you're looking for employment and one must chose one's
> words carefully.

I haven't done anything wrong and I never wrote anything I will regret in
the future. I really don't get it.

>Anyway, I will give you a ring tomorrow, hoping that you do exist, and
>that you did send this, if not we can figure out exactly what's going on,
>and get it back to the list.

I am real. Look at our web site and look at the archives. I bought a cheap
and elegant solution to a problem we all have and I wanted to share that
positive experience with the list to benefit others. I was hesitant to buy
it because it looked too good to be true and they are located in Slovakia
(no offense to others from SK), but it works and I'm very impressed. Again,
I have absolutely NO connection to them other than as a satisfied customer.

-Robert

http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Good will, like a good name, is got by many actions, and lost by one." -
Francis Jeffrey