Verisign Responds

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Tue Sep 23 01:23:07 UTC 2003

http://www.icann.org/correspondence/lewis-to-twomey-21sep03.htm

I quote:

] As to your call for us to suspend the service, I would respectfully
] suggest that it would be premature to decide on any course of action
] until we first have had an opportunity to collect and review the
] available data.

One would think it would be equally premature to roll out the service
without first asking the appropriate people for their opinion first,
starting with ICANN.

Looks like the lawsuits are going to be the ones to settle this
dispute...anyone think there's a chance of ICANN pulling .COM and .NET
from Verisign due to breach of contract?  I think it's highly unlikely.