Windows updates and dial up users

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Mon Sep 22 17:02:57 UTC 2003

> Ok then different idea, assuming that we're all agreed its MS's
> responsibility  to ensure users are patched promptly and without extra
> cost to the end user.

The problem is that while we agree, Micr0$0ft does not.  They feel they
should
have no "responsibility" whatsoever to the end user beyond cheerfully
refunding
their money if they decide to stop using Windows.  They are of the opinion
that they are patching these things out of the goodness of their hart as a
favor and in the interests of above-and-beyond customer service.

I do not understand why people continue to do business with such an arrogant
self-serving organization which has repeatedly demonstrated a completely
a-moral approach to business.

Just my opinion.

Owen