Operations notification manager software

Damian Gerow damian at sentex.net
Mon Sep 22 13:45:30 UTC 2003

Thus spake Stephane Bortzmeyer (bortzmeyer at gitoyen.net) [22/09/03 08:26]:
> > > What software is available/recommended for NOC contact
> > > management?
> >
> > I've used Nagios (formerly NetSaint) in the past and have been very
> > impressed with it.
>
> I used Nagios and I fail to see what's the connection with the
> original question? It seems the original poster is looking for
> something like RequestTracker <URL:http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/>
> instead.

Ummm...  I'm not sure that RT is what you want, either.  Out-of-the-box, RT
is a Ticketing system, not a Contact Management system.  Though I realise
that it could probably be hacked to provide such a functionality...

I think between the two of them (Nagios and RT), you would have a chunk of
the requested functionality taken care of.  But you still don't have the
Contact Management part, without a little bit of work.