When is Verisign's registry contract up for renewal

Henry Linneweh hrlinneweh at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 21 06:23:04 UTC 2003

My view would concur with this, these are really old battles starting back in the
netsol days and now the verisign has taken the same short sighted path.

It is time that neutral party is in charge
-Henry R Linneweh

Paul Vixie <vixie at vix.com> wrote:

> > ICANN can seek specific performance of the agreement by Verisign, or
> > seek to terminate Verisign's contract as the .COM/.NET registry operator
> > and transfer the operation to a successor registry.
>
> Quiet honestly I'd like to see all of the GTLD servers given to neutral
> companies, ones that ARE not registrars. [...]

frankly i am mystified as to why icann awards registry contracts to
for-profit entities. registrars can be for-profit, but registries should
be non-profit or public-trust or whatever that specific nation's laws allow
for in terms of requirements for open accounting, uniform dealing, and
nonconflict with the public's interest.
--
Paul Vixie