If Verisign *really* wants to help ...

Vivien M. vivienm at dyndns.org
Sat Sep 20 22:59:54 UTC 2003

Just out of curiosity, why did they discontinue it?

Here in Bell Canada land, this type of thing has been around for hm... 8
years or so? There was a big outcry the first week or so from dialup users
(at the time, busy signals were more common than now), then eventually they
all did the *XX code to permanently disable it. It is still enabled on new
[residential, at least] POTS lines.

Vivien
--
Vivien M.