Providers removing blocks on port 135?

Niels Bakker niels=nanog at bakker.net
Sat Sep 20 22:53:41 UTC 2003

* rpb at community.net.uk (Ray Bellis) [Sun 21 Sep 2003, 00:25 CEST]:
> What we do have though are (optional) *inbound* filters that make sure
> no-one can connect to their privileged ports over TCP/IP, and a mandatory
> filter that says only our network can deliver to their SMTP service.

There's an ISP in the Netherlands who do that too for their DSL
customers.  Unfortunately, their mail servers are not that reliable to
begin with and also spool mail only for 4 hours, so if your connection
is down for the weekend (happens more often if you work for a company in
direct competition with the telco that owns this particular ISP) all
your mail bounces instead of getting spooled somewhere and delivered
later...

	-- Niels.