apathy (was Re: .ORG problems this evening)

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Fri Sep 19 19:04:52 UTC 2003

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 01:36:41PM -0400, Todd Vierling wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Rodney Joffe wrote:
>
> : You started from a point of having no idea that UltraDNS used anycast,
> : confirmed for everyone in your second email that you had no clue about
> : how anycast worked,
>
> Please stop the bellicose, holier-than-thou attitude because you feel like
> assuming that I don't have networking experience.  It's getting tiresome.
> I apologize for whatever I've done to offend you.

On behalf of the entire NANOG community, please stop pretending that you
DO have a clue just because you believe people shouldn't assume you don't.
Trust me when I say that is is no longer an assumption.

Please also do not mistake apathy for annoyance at your continued
incessant whining about anycast and UltraDNS. You don't have anything more
useful to say, so please do us all a favor and just stop now.