Worst design decisions?

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Fri Sep 19 17:39:13 UTC 2003

In a message written on Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 03:53:44PM -0700, Ben Browning wrote:
> Cisco V-notched power cables - Design "feature" geared around getting
> suckers to buy a power cable for 45USD.

Uh, you might want to be careful with these connections.  You'll
note the IEC-320 C13/C14 connectors (eg, what you find on PC's) are
15 Amps, but only 65 degC rated.  The IEC-320 C15/C16 (with the
notch) are also 15 Amps, but are rated to a pin temperature of 120
degC.  I doubt Cisco did it to be a PITA, electrical codes probably
required it for some reason.