FW: Where to get an ASN certificate?

Joe Abley jabley at isc.org
Fri Sep 19 15:18:18 UTC 2003

On Friday, Sep 19, 2003, at 11:02 Canada/Eastern, Nine, Jason wrote:

> We will need to run BGP here in the next few weeks, does anyone know
> where you apply for an ASN certificate?

For an organisation based in the US, as you seem to be, see:

   http://www.arin.net/library/training/asn_process/index.html

For advice about multi-homing and associated BGP stuff, ask google
about the multi-homing workshops run by Philip Smith and others all
over the place, including those run at NANOG meetings (check the
presentation index, maybe, for slides). Philip is presenting another
one in Chicago, I think.

If you want a certificate for your ASN, you can always print out the
e-mails ARIN send you and frame them :-)