Kill Verisign Routes :: A Dynamic BGP solution

Eric Germann ekgermann at cctec.com
Fri Sep 19 01:16:18 UTC 2003

Which is fine with me/my client base.  Since what they are doing is
essentially a MITM attack, the client base I serve and I would rather have
the mail sit in OUR spools for a couple of days, vs. bouncing immediately
with the potential of the mail addresses being harvested.  Also, from the
perspective of our "sensitive clients", they would like mistyped URL's with
parameters to be errored out on the browser side, vs being dumped to a
Verisign server with the parameters (potentially usernames/passwords, etc)
possibly ending up in their logs.

Also, whats to keep Verisign from changing the behavior of their mail spool?
Right now, its questionable how it rejects.  It would make a neat project to
make a server that accepted the whole message, and THEN bounced it after it
was all spooled/logged.  Verisign do something like that?  Nahhh, not our
beloved Verisign ....

Eric

<snip>