"Class A Data Center"

Bob German bobgerman at irides.com
Thu Sep 18 19:58:31 UTC 2003

This is the assumption I have come to as well.  Are there any
established standards for enterprise datacenters at all, aside from the
obvious, N+1 redundant everything, diverse paths, etc.?

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 12:08:43 EDT, Bob German <bobgerman at irides.com>
> said:
>
> > Can anyone point me to a set of standards that define a "Class A
> > Data Center?"  I'm not asking for requirements, but an actual
> > pointer to standards hammered out by an organization or governing
> > body.
>
> "must have connectivity from a Tier-1 provider"? :)

Both "We have a Class A Data Center" and "We are a Tier-1 provider"
translate to "I am a salesperson."

HTH. HAND.

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Administration - jay at west.net
WestNet:  Connecting you to the planet.  805 884-6323      WB6RDV
NetLojix Communications, Inc.  -  http://www.netlojix.com/