Worst design decisions?

Nathan Eric Norman nnorman at incanus.net
Thu Sep 18 18:01:44 UTC 2003

On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 02:39:51PM -0400, up at 3.am wrote:

> Actually, as awkward as those rubber hoods are, what I like about them is
> that when you're pulling a disconnected patch cable through a rat's nest
> of wires, they prevent the plastic tab from being bent backward.

Not a shameless plug since I don't work for them or own any stock, but
Avaya makes a snagless cable with a second clip which hinges from the
back of the RJ-45 connector.  Makes them easier to use as opposed to
hooded and regular vanilla cables.

Nathan Norman - Incanus Networking mailto:nnorman at incanus.net
  Liberty may be endangered by the abuses of liberty as well as by
  the abuses of power.
          -- James Madison