.ORG problems this evening

Keptin Komrade Dr. BobWrench III esq. bownes at web9.com
Thu Sep 18 17:35:41 UTC 2003

Todd Vierling wrote:

> BGP doesn't know when a DNS server dies.  Therein lies the findamental
> problem of using anycast as an application redundancy scheme.

You ever think that maybe, just maybe, Ultra wrote some code to do this?

Yes, it might have concievably failed in a way that seems to have left
you and one or two others in the veritable dark, but I don't think, at
this point, using NANOG to debug the problem, no matter where it was, is
going to be very productive.

But, of course, I don't know anything about using DNS and anycast. ;-)

Bob