.ORG problems this evening

bmanning at karoshi.com bmanning at karoshi.com
Thu Sep 18 17:29:06 UTC 2003

> TV> BGP doesn't know when a DNS server dies.  Therein lies the
> TV> findamental problem of using anycast as an application
> TV> redundancy scheme.
>
> But it can and should.  Again, seeing if the process is running
> is easy; verifying correct functionality requires more work, but
> definitely is doable.
>

> Eddy
> --

	Ick.  you really believe that BGP can or should be augmented to
	understand application "liveness"?   BGP reaching past the router,
	running a "ps -augx" and then performing applications specific tricks?

	I guess that when all you have/understand is a hammer, everything
	becomes a nail.

	Wait...  Its a joke!  you just forgot the :)

--bill