Worst design decisions?

Bob German bobgerman at irides.com
Thu Sep 18 15:11:37 UTC 2003

RJ21 patch panel connectors that are designed in such a way that you can
only screw down one end of the connector have consistently ruined my
day.  Untold headaches with intermitten connectivity on devices using
the east end of the connector because crowded conditions in the cabinet
cause the thick, unwieldy cables to lift the unscrewed end
ever-so-slightly out of its socket.

-bob