Worst design decisions?

Vinny Abello vinny at tellurian.com
Thu Sep 18 13:20:10 UTC 2003

How about MB chipset fans which always seem to fail! I avoid any mobo with
a chipset fan if possible. This is still commonplace and I still see them
fail all the time.

At 09:09 AM 9/18/2003, Ryan Dobrynski wrote:

>I have beef with every chasis designer that has ever left a sharp edge
>hidden deep inside thier "case of doom" just waiting to gash some poor IT
>guy in a most unpleasent manor..
>
>also ASUS who insists on putting thier onboard sound interface at the
>BOTTOM of the MB when they know that the little cable you get with the
>cdrom is half the length of the board. you end up with an analog audio
>cable thats stretched tight and now in the way of all your PCI slots...
>/rude
>
>Ryan Dobrynski
>Hat-Swapping Gnome
>Choice Communications
>

>Like the ski resort of girls looking for husbands and husbands looking
>for girls, the situation is not as symmetrical as it might seem.

Vinny Abello
Network Engineer
Server Management
vinny at tellurian.com
(973)300-9211 x 125
(973)940-6125 (Direct)
PGP Key Fingerprint: 3BC5 9A48 FC78 03D3 82E0  E935 5325 FBCB 0100 977A

http://www.tellurian.com (888)TELLURIAN

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and
those that don't.