Fw: Re: ICANN - Formal Complaint re Verisign

Jerry Eyers jeyers at rebma.com
Thu Sep 18 12:10:41 UTC 2003

 An interesting thought...

Jerry

>Jerry,
>
>One question - if I previously typed in an URL that was incorrect and would
get the usual response from my OWN system, there would be not a real lot of
data sent/received to pay for that mistake. Now that Verisign is doing their
current thing, there is a lot more data being paid by ISPs across the world
that shouldnt HAVE to be paid for.

>So is anyone thinking of banding together the ISPs in on this formal
complaint citing loss of income >from this? The bigger the ISP - eg AOL -
the bigger the new cost for Verisign advertising, paid at the >ISP's expense
because of all this. A group of ISPs all complaining should get some action
you would >think.

>I am posting this to you as if you can use it, feel free to post it to
Nanog where I have no posting rights.