Worst design decisions?

trelane at 2mbit.com trelane at 2mbit.com
Thu Sep 18 08:40:01 UTC 2003

I'm stuck as a consultant type administrator. And as it's my lot in life,
nine out of ten small to medium size companies have been making do with a
dsl line, and some bit or bob of Linksys routing equipment. Time passed
and they outgrew that they threw on another 8 port swtich, and another,
and another.

Linksys: if you're reading this, find some way to make your low-end
equipment fit into a rack, otherwise you'll find my clients throwing away
your product in favor of something that conforms to standards (and racks).
 It was excusable until your 4 port gig-E switch, now it's criminal, and
quite honestly unacceptable.

Andrew D Kirch
Admin
SOSDG