IP issues with .com/.net change?

Len Sassaman rabbi at quickie.net
Wed Sep 17 21:28:07 UTC 2003

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Len Sassaman wrote:

> Are users now redirected to Microsoft automatically?

I just checked this again, and in fact I was incorrect -- the requested
URL is passed to search.msn.com. That's unfortunate.

(Our proxies return their own "site not found" page, so our users won't
encounter the MSN when using our system. It is still a privacy concern for
general users, for the some of the same reasons as I stated regarding
Verisign. At least it doesn't appear to have the same XSS issues that
Verisign does, though.)