Change to .com/.net behavior

Ross Wm. Rader ross at tucows.com
Wed Sep 17 19:37:30 UTC 2003

On 9/17/2003 1:55 PM Paul Vixie noted that:

> but this is not sufficient justification to warrant a demand by you of your
> customers that they install a patch (what if they don't run bind?) or that
> they configure delegation-only for particular tld's (which ones and why not
> others?)

I was with you up to this point. Behaviorally speaking, what Dave is
doing is no different, in my mind, than what Verisign did when they
rolled out their required upgrade this week. At least Dave's customers
have the option of applying his "required upgrade" whereas those that
don't are forced into Verisign's worldview.

It all works both ways - or should at least. This, as you pointed out in
your "expectations" post is a big part of the "problem" we are trying to
sort out.

--

                        -rwr